Tampa Mesothelioma Lawyer
Though there isn’t any naturally occurring asbestos (NOA) in the City of Tampa, it has a history of widespread asbestos use. Large amounts of asbestos were shipped from Libby to various industries in the city for commercial purpose. As a result, Florida ranks second in the United States for the most number of asbestos-related deaths.
The victims of asbestos exposure could be entitled to substantial damages. At present, over $30 billion is there in mesothelioma trust funds established for compensating individuals suffering from asbestos-related illnesses such as mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis. A good mesothelioma lawyer can help you get compensated in just 90 days. We have been helping victims of asbestos exposure for over two decades.
Leslie Controls Incorporated
Leslie Controls Incorporated is a Tampa company which manufactures and distributes water pressure valves, steam valves, and regulators. Its clients include processing plants, power plants and military. Leslie was also responsible for supplying equipment and products for the U.S. Navy ships during the First and Second World Wars. As a result, the product line and profit of the company grew substantially all through the decades.
As all other manufacturing companies did prior to the 1980s, Leslie also used asbestos extensively in many of its products and equipment, including gaskets, pumps, steam valves and pipe parts. Though asbestos has very good properties such as its ability to withstand fire and heat, high strength, and cheap availability, it is a dangerously toxic mineral which can cause fatal diseases like mesothelioma and lung cancer when its fibers are inhaled or ingested.
The large-scale use of asbestos subsequently resulted in numerous suits against the company. The plaintiffs included those who directly worked for Leslie and many others who worked with and close to the products supplied by the company. Many of those plaintiffs were military veterans.
Leslie Controls filed for a pre-negotiated Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2010 in order to resolve the asbestos liability claims against it. In 2011, as part of the Chapter 11 reorganization, an asbestos trust fund was established with approximately $75 million.
Leslie Controls made asbestos-containing products until 1988. These products include: valves; regulators; actuators; steam water heaters; pipes; insulation; gaskets; pipes; boilers; pumps; packing materials; and whistles.
Other Tampa Companies, Buildings, and Jobsites Known for Asbestos Problems
- University of South Florida (USF)
- St. Joseph’s
- Tampa Bay
- Tampa Genera Hospital
- Tampa VA Hospital
- Macdill AFB
Companies and Buildings
- Acousti Engineering Co
- Aerodyne Investment Castings
- Airetron Engineering Co
- AP Green Refractories Co
- Black Point Powerhouse
- Buell Engineering Co
- Cameron and Barkley Co
- Consolidated Citrus Products Co
- Dixie Linen & Uniform Co
- Florida Portland Cement Co
- Florida Power and Light Co
- Gaylord Container Corp
- Glidden Durkee Co
- Gulf Brass Works
- Gulf Power Co
- Herman Sausage Factory
- Hillsborough County Animal Control Services
- Hillsborough County Courthouse Building
- Johns‐Manville Sales Corp
- Florida Steel Corp
- Lakeland Electric Co
- Linde Air Products Co
- Nitram Chemicals Incorporated
- Ocean Shipholdings Incorporated
- Owens-Corning Fiberglass Co
- Tampa Steel Erecting Co
- Stone & Webster Engineering Co
- Tampa Armature Works (TAW)
- Tampa Gas Co
- Tampa International Airport
- Tampa Ship Repair and Drydock Co
- Tampa Tank Incorporated / Florida Structural Steel
- Thatcher Glass Manufacturing Co
- Thompson Hayward Siding Co
- Tiffany Tile Corp
- TSR Corp
- U.S. Phosphoric Productions Tampa
- Union Carbide Corp
- Westinghouse Electric Co
Medical Assistance in Tampa
- Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, a nonprofit cancer treatment and research center, is located in Tampa. Moffitt is a NCI-designated cancer center which offers comprehensive treatment options for mesothelioma and other cancer patients.
- Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
12902 Magnolia Dr
Hire a Mesothelioma Lawyer in Tampa
If you have suffered asbestos exposure and developed diseases such as asbestosis, mesothelioma and lung cancer, you could be entitled to considerable damages. We can help you in finding the top mesothelioma lawyer in your city. Please call toll free at 1-800-706-5606 or submit our online contact form.